Our impact in the UK and Ireland
Olympus' history in the UK and Ireland can be traced back to 1969 when KeyMed Medical & Industrial Equipment Limited started trading above the old Keddies building in Southend High Street in Essex. The team of four quickly grew and 10 years later an office in Ireland was opened, before the business was acquired by the Olympus Corporation in 1987.
In 1996 plastic component and assembly manufacturer Algram was added to the portfolio and two years later our operations in Southend were expanded. By 2007 we'd grown again and opened a third site in Southend and in 2010 we expanded again with the acquisition of Medical Physics International (MPI) in Bolton.
Our team in the UK and Ireland has now grown to over 1,200 people. We have offices in Dublin, Bolton, Plymouth and Southend along with a field-based team who operate all acroos the UK and Ireland.
- Constantin Zangemeister - Regional Managing Director, United Kingdom & Ireland
- Francis White - Director, Medical & Surgical Business, United Kingdom & Ireland
- Nic Vincent - Director of Scientific Solutions Division, United Kingdom & Ireland
- David Ivins - Director of Consumer Busienss, United Kingdom & Ireland
- Carl Yallop - Director of Manufacturing Business Centre, United Kingdom & Ireland
- John Rowe - Director of Finance, United Kingdom & Ireland
- Simone Sumner - Director of HR, United Kingdom & Ireland