Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III: Your ideal travel companion
London, 08/31/2017 • Never stop the journey with the latest addition to the Olympus OM-D camera line-up – Olympus has released the newest model in their award-winning OM-D series; the OM-D E-M10 Mark lll. Beautifully designed and sharing many of the class-leading technologies found in other models of the esteemed OM-D range, the E-M10 Mark lll encourages photographers to take the next step and discover the joy of photography.
Sure to become a modern classic, Olympus has carefully designed the E-M10 Mark lll to be the perfect travel companion. Light-weight and easy to use, this camera has been created with intuitive controls to help photographers take stunning, crisp images and smooth videos from the moment they pick up the camera.
The E-M10 Mark lll is available in silver or black and goes on sale by mid September 2017. This interchangeable lens camera is available as a body only or a lens kit (see below for choices and pricing).
Amazing results in any shooting situation
They say that excitement comes from discovering new things and thanks to the combination of the latest TruePic Vlll image processor, also used in the acclaimed flagship OM-D E-M1 Mark II, and Olympus’ class leading 5-axis Image Stabilisation (IS), photographers can enjoy taking beautiful blur-free images that they never thought possible. This clever technology gives pin-sharp results in virtually any shooting situation without using a tripod, even night scenes*.
Making movies to capture the sights and sounds of new places truly brings memories to life, although sometimes the glory of the detail in 4K movies can be lost to shakes and blur. Olympus has taken that worry away from photographers new to movie making, because the E-M10 Mark III’s high-performance image stabilisation is built into the camera body and compensates for camera shake with any lens in any scene, even hand held!
On the go: The ideal everyday companion
A constant companion, the stylish OM-D E-M10 Mark lll is compact and lightweight enough to take on any journey – photographers won’t want to leave home without it!
With built-in view finder, flash and Wi-Fi, everything about this camera has been designed with the new photographer in mind and the feel of the compact body is no exception. Comfortable in the hand, the robust construction and enlarged grip means the camera is easy to hold. This camera has a tiltable LCD monitor with touch operations similar to a smartphone, easy-to-use metal dials and buttons, and the icons and text on the camera are highly visible; all of which will help photographers to be creative on the move.
The E-M10 Mark lll will be the best dressed OM-D, because it launches with its own premium, genuine leather body jacket**.
Available in brown or black this will be perfect accessory to compliment the beautifully styled E-M10 Mark lll.
Ignite the passion and develop your skills
The E-M10 Mark lll is equipped with incredible new upgrades and technology, cleverly brought together to allow photographers to develop as they use their camera more and start to take creative control. Even first time interchangeable lens camera users can shoot with ease due to the four camera assist shooting modes:
AUTO mode (previously iAUTO) has been significantly improved for better blur-free images – detecting movement even in the dark.
Scene (SCN) mode has been upgraded and will help photographers to take control of the results they want by choosing one of six themes with predefined settings.
The Advanced Photo (AP) mode has been added so that photographers can fine tune their images and enjoy incredible shooting methods such as Live Composite and Multiple Exposure without having to access the menu structure.
Bleach Bypass is a new option in Art Filter (ART) mode, which expands the range of photographic expressions by reproducing the silver retention method used when developing film.
All of these shooting modes are assigned to the revised, intuitive mode dial for easy access.
Never stop the journey
Busy times with friends and family usually means there’s lots going on. But often taking a quick snap is disappointing – the action is blurred and the moment is missed!
Photographers will be amazed at the results they can achieve with Olympus’ high-speed Auto Focus (AF) system. By using the E-M10 Mark III’s high-speed Touch AF, they can capture the exact moment with a simple touch on the LCD screen, freezing the action with jaw-dropping clarity.
The latest OM-D model now features 121 contrast AF points thanks to the improved processing performance of the TruePic Vlll. With 121 AF points covering most of the image area you can focus anywhere on the screen. The Continuous AF has a tracking ability to detect the subject movement, and photographers will find the Face Priority AF and Eye Detection AF really useful to ensure proper exposure and sharp focus automatically when shooting portraits.
Easy sharing with Wi-Fi
Photographers can stay connected while they are out and about, with the E-M10 Mark lll’s built-in Wi-Fi function. It’s so easy to share beautiful images and movie clips with friends, using the Olympus Image Share (OI.Share) smartphone app, without the use of a computer. Once connected to the app, photographers can use their smartphone or tablet to remotely control the shutter release, and many more functions such as adding GPS data to their photos.
Like every Olympus camera and lens, the OM-D E-M10 Mark IlI comes with a free six-month warranty extension**** when registered via the MyOlympus online platform at www.my.olympus.eu .
Product specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check the Olympus website at www.olympus.co.uk/cameras for the latest specifications.
* Maximum of 4 shutter speed steps compensation performance conforming to CIPA standards when using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 EZ lens at f=42mm (35mm equivalent: f=84mm).
** Sold separately.
*** When using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 EZ lens.
**** Six months on top of the statutory warranty in the country of purchase.
Kit choices, pricing & availability
- OM-D E-M10 Mark III body only at £629.99 from mid September 2017
- OM-D E-M10 Mark III with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R lens at £649.99 from mid September 2017
- OM-D E-M10 Mark III with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 EZ pancake lens at £699.99 from mid September 2017
For Reader enquiries:
- To follow the journeys of fellow OM-D E-M10 Mark III users check out #NeverStopTheJourney on Instagram
- For more information about the complete Olympus range please visit www.olympus.co.uk/cameras
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Marketing Manager, Olympus
Olympus Europa is the headquarters for the region Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) of the Olympus Corporation, Tokyo. As a worldwide leading manufacturer of optical and digital precision technology, Olympus provides innovative solutions for state-of-the-art medical systems, digital cameras as well as scientific solutions. The company’s award winning products are instrumental in detecting, preventing and healing illness, driving scientific research and documenting life with artistic freedom. In the hands of its customers, Olympus’ high-tech products help to make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
For more information: http://www.olympus-europa.com
OM-D E-M10 Mark lll MAIN FEATURES (extract):
- The worlds most powerful 5-axis in-body Image Stabilisation system for blur-free video and still shooting – hand held. System enhancement equivalent to 4 steps of shutter speed.*
- TruePic VIII image processor for improved low light shooting performance
- 16 MP Live MOS Sensor
- High-speed AF performance, with 121-point contrast AF.
- New 4K movie capability with frame rates of 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps compression).
- Sequential shooting at approx 8.6 fps S-AF ***
- High speed, OLED EVF with 2,36 M dots for accurate framing and assessing creative adjustments in real time.
- Compatible with more than 40 Micro Four Thirds lenses and extensive accessory range.
- A compact and timeless body design with retro styling.
- Revised, intuitive mode dial with easy access to four camera assist shooting modes.
- 15 Art filters with a selection of effects for more creative shooting.
- Built in Wi-Fi for instant sharing and remote control shooting
- Dimensions: W 121.5mm x H 83.6mm x D 49.5mm
- Weight: 362g (body only)
- Premium, genuine leather body jacket CS-51B, unique to the E-M10 Mark lll, in black or brown**.