To update the firmware of the recorder, do the following:
1. Download the update file.
2. Connect the recorder to a computer running a supported operating system using the USB cable packaged with the recorder and wait until the recorder LCD displays "Remote".
3. Close all programs running on the computer.
4. Doubleclick the update file to begin the update.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- During the firmware update process, the recorder will be updated twice. Once for the Sub CPU and the other for the Main CPU.
*In case batteries are inside the recorder, press F3 button of the recorder to exit from battery selection screen at each start of the update and continue the update.
6. When the update is complete, wait until the recorder LCD displays "Remote" and then disconnect the recorder.
7. Verify that the firmware version has changed to the new version number.