STF‑8 Twin Flash
Olympus is delighted to introduce the world's first* macro flash with a dust‑, splash‑ and freezeproof (‑10°C) construction in a lightweight and compact design, making it ideal for any kind of environment, whether in the rainforest or in the desert.
The STF‑8 support flash photography, when combined with cameras featuring the Focus Stacking‑ and the Focus Bracketing mode. This feature is very useful for shooting flowers, insects, and commercial photos in the studio.
The bundled adapter ring is compatible with the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 30mm 1:3.5 MACRO, M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm 1:2.8 MACRO, and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12‑40mm 1:2.8 PRO.
This compact macro flash enables versatile and creative lighting options by controlling the output ratio of each head single or dual. When using both heads of the twin flash the GN is 8.5, and when using only a single head the GN is 6. In addition to TTL Auto Sync mode for precision control, you can set the flash in 1/3 step increments on the camera in manual mode, and in 1 step increments with the flash dial. The main flash can also be used as a commander to control multiple flash units.
- World’s first* macro flash with a dust‑, splash‑ and freezeproof (‑10°C) design
- Compact and lightweight macro flash system
- GN 8.5 (using 2 heads) and GN 6 (only 1 head)
- Support various shooting techniques
- Adjustable flash head angle position within the angle of ‑60° to 40°
- Flexible performance for significantly expanded macro shooting expression
- Appropriate diffuse light for soft lighting effect
- User friendly control dial
*As of September 2016, according to Olympus research.