Digital Camera Updater
OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater is a software application used to update the firmware of Olympus digital cameras (including lenses and accessories) via the Internet. You may wish to update the firmware to take advantage of enhancements that may be available for your product, or you may wish to add support for an alternative display language.
In order to update firmware, the camera must be connected to a computer with an Internet connection using the USB cable provided with the camera. If you are updating an Olympus E-System camera, be sure to attach all components (lens, flash, etc.) that you wish to udpate before connecting the camera to the computer.
1. This utility supports only Olympus digital cameras released after 2004.
2. Do not turn off the camera or disconnect the cable while the software is starting or running, as it may cause the camera or software to malfunction.
Read the following System Requirements and License Agreement. If you accept the terms, click [Accepted] to continue.
- OS: Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7
- CPU: Pentium 4 1.3GHz or faster
- RAM: 512MB or more
- Monitor Settings:1024 x 768 pixels or more, Minimum 65,536 colors
- Others: USB port, Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Note: This software requires a computer with a pre-installed operating system. Operation is not guaranteed when using a home-built PC or upgraded operating system. Operation is not guaranteed when using a USB port that is not directly part of the computer.
- OS: Mac OS X 10.3 or later
- CPU: Power PC G3 500MHz or faster, Intel Core Solo/Duo 1.5GHz or faster
- RAM: 512MB or more (1GB or more is recommended)
- Monitor Settings: 1024 x 768 pixels or more, Minimum 32,000 colors
- Others: SB port, Safari 1.0 or later, (1.3 or later recommended)
- Note: Operation is not guaranteed when using a USB port that is not directly part of the computer
NOTE: Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before loading down this Software.
By downloading the firmware/software update (hereafter "Software") for Olympus Digital or Four Thirds products, you (hereafter "User") agree to the following End User License Agreement (EULA) provided by Olympus Imaging Corporation and its licensed vendor (hereafter "Olympus").
1. Subject to the terms and conditions herein contained, Olympus shall grant to User a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Software and the copy thereof (hereinafter, the copy of the Software are included in the Software) only for the purpose of applying to the Olympus products which is introduced and accepted by Olympus.
2. User shall be prohibited to do or perform the following matters.
(1) To make any copy of the Software, whether in whole or in part, for any other purpose than back-up purpose.
(2) To sell, distribute or upload the Software, whether in whole or in part.
(3) To change, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, whether in whole or in part.
(4) To rent, lease or sublicense the Software, whether in whole or in part.
(5) To export the Software, directly or indirectly, whether in whole or in part, without obtaining necessary approvals of relevant governmental authority in Japan or in any relevant country.
3. Any right, title or interest in and to the Software shall be owned by or vested to Olympus or its licensor respectively.
4. User acknowledges and understands that the software is provided to User on an ''as-is'' basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to:
(1) Warranties for merchantability and/or fitness for a User's particular purpose.
(2) Warranty for no bug, error, failure or defects in the software; or
(3) Warranties for non-infringement of rights or interests of any third party, including, but not limited to, intellectual property right.
5. In no event shall Olympus be liable nor responsible for any damages suffered or incurred by User or any other third party (including, but not limited to, general, special, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damages including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like), arising out of or in connection with the use of the software.
6. If User fails in complying with any terms and conditions under this Agreement, OLYMPUS may terminate this Agreement and seek to remedy for any loss or damage, including damages for loss of business profit, business interpretation, loss of business information and the like) or loss of profit incurred by Olympus, arising out of or in connection with such User's failure. In such event, User shall immediately destroy or return to Olympus any and all copies thereof, whether in whole or in part.