Firmware update instructions
You can download the latest firmware updates for your camera online, in just the same way you update software for your computer. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
Olympus Master Software
Alternatively there is an other option available to update the firmware. For Firmware Update Instructions with Olympus Master Software click hereDownload (517 KB, PDF)
Downloading the OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater
The OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater is required for updating the firmware of your digital camera.Click below to download the updater.
Olympus Digital Camera Updater:
Downloading and applying the firmware
A camera's firmware cannot be returned to an earlier version once it has been updated.
Preparing to update the firmware
1. Log on to your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
2. Connect the computer to the Internet. Olympus recommends using a hard-wired connection, if available, to limit the risk of service interruption during the firmware update. A wireless connection may also be used.
3. Make sure the camera has sufficient power to complete the operation. Use freshly charged batteries or the optional AC adapter. (Adapter not available for all models.)
4. Remove the memory card from the digital camera.
To update the firmware of your camera, follow the instructions below:
1. Double-click the downloaded OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater.
2. Read the terms, and then connect your digital camera to your computer using the bundled USB cable.
Your camera may display a selection menu on the LCD. For Olympus E-System digital cameras, select STORAGE. For digital cameras that are not part of the E-System, select PC. Press the camera's [OK] button to continue.
Click Next to proceed.
3. If newer firmware versions are available, they will be displayed in a dialog box. To see what will be changed by applying an update, select it from the list and click Details. To apply a selected firmware update, click Update and then, on the next screen, Yes. (If you click No, the update will be canceled.)
4. Carefully read the Software License Agreement. If you accept the terms, click Agree to proceed.
5. When the digital camera's LCD displays OK, as shown in the dialog box below, the firmware update is completed.
6. Disconnect the USB cable from the camera and computer, and then click Close.